Who are we kidding? Cocktails are 75% of the fun at holiday parties. You get to chat up new people, bribe friends into being your DD and argue over what that mysterious flavor in your drink is before finally caving and asking the bar tender. Whether you’re hosting your own party or just providing your bar tender with some party-starting suggestions, these four recipes will warm your insides and make political talk just a little more bearable this holiday season.
- Eggnog Martini
– 1.25 oz. Skyy Infusions Ginger Vodka
– .75 oz. Trader Vic’s Macadamia Nut Liqueur
– .5 oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream
– 1 oz. Eggnog
Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake well, and strain into a chilled martini glass. Sprinkle a tiny bit of Chinese Five Spice (if available) or freshly grated nutmeg on top.
- Chocolate Mint Martini
– 1 oz. Skyy Infusions Vanilla Bean Vodka
– .5 oz. White Creme de Cacao
– .25 oz. White Creme de Menthe
– .25 oz. Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
– 1 oz. Heavy Cream
Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake well, and strain into a chocolate-lined martini glass. Garnish with a fresh mint leaf.
- Five Spice Old Fashioned
– 2 oz. Basil Hayden Bourbon
– 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
– 1 Dash Orange Bitters
– .25 oz. Five Spice Syrup
Combine ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir briskly for 30 seconds. Strain into an ice-filled old fashioned glass.
- Five Spice Syrup for Five Spice Old Fashioned
– 2 cups Sugar
– 1 cup Water
– 1 Tbsp Chinese Five Spice
Combine ingredients in a sauce pot over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and place into a storage container and refrigerate.
Happy holidays from everyone at Ling & Louie’s!