Nothing boring about this chicken dish. While there are dull and dreary days during the monsoon, this recipe is a sure-fire way to liven up your lunch or dinner. It’s also a light dish that’s perfect for the scorching temperatures outside. What’s even better is you don’t have to heat up your oven. Everything in this recipe is made in a sauce pot and pan.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 Tbsp. – Canola oil
- 6 oz. chicken breast – cut into 1” slices
- 6 each 31/40 shrimp – butterflied
- Red bell peppers – chopped into 1” cubes
- Pineapple – diced into 1” cubes
- Broccoli – cut into “bite-sized” pieces
- Panang Curry Sauce Ingredients
- 8 oz. coconut milk
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- ½ oz. wt. red curry paste
- 1 oz. lemongrass – minced
- 1 Tbsp. Sambal chili paste
- ½ cup white rice
- ½ cup water
HOW IT HAPPENS:
Panang Curry Sauce
- Sauté the garlic, ginger and red curry paste for 20 seconds in a sauce pot.
- Add the coconut milk to the sauce pot and reduce the heat to a medium high.
- Add the lemongrass to the sauce pot and reduce the heat to a low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Reserve the sauce warm.
- In a sauté pan, add oil.
- Add the sliced chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes or until chicken has started to brown.
- Add the shrimp to the mix and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- When the chicken and shrimp have cooked, add the red bell peppers, pineapple and broccoli.
- Sauté all ingredients for 20-30 seconds and then add the Panang Sauce.
- Bring to a simmer, shut off heat.
- Place cooked rice onto a plate and pour cooked chicken & shrimp dish over top of the rice.