We’re getting ready for our TYKU Sake Pairing Dinner on January 25, 2018. It’s part of our #NotBoringNation Dinner series.
Sake is a great accompaniment to any meal! You’ll be able to taste five different kinds at our Sake Pairing dinner. So, we want to take a moment to tell you why Sake is not for boring people.
Sake has a lot of health benefits. The National Cancer Center in Japan studied 265,000 Japanese men and found that everyday Sake drinkers have less chance of developing cancer than non-Sake drinkers due to the amino acid that apparently helps to eliminate cancer cells.
Amino acids help build muscle, preventing osteoporosis. Moderate drinking of Sake is helpful in preventing cardiac disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Sake is also preservative free and gluten free.
Believe it or not, Sake is a good moisturizer for your skin. Many of the same amino acids and saccharides found in Sake are used in cosmetic materials.
Something you may find interesting is that Sake is made in several different sizes of barrels and the barrel size is adjusted to the size of the building. Unlike wine, it’s best to drink Sake soon after it’s prepared.
Sake is made from only 40% of the peeled rice but water and yeast are added. The other 60% is used to make other food items.